10 TIPS TO CRACK CAT 2011 by Prof. P.K.Keshap
2. Devote these 2 months i.e. 24hrs x 55 days= 1320 hrs totally for your preparation. Close the door of your room and sit inside the room. Always think about CAT and work hard only for CAT. Your only interaction should be with students who are doing CAT. Forget the world for 2 months and enjoy the whole life. Work more and calculate less. Be mentally free to put the right information.
3. Thinking and energy matters a lot. Program your mind for success thinking about BIG Picture. Avoid discouragers - mentally and socially. Don't confront them.
4. Health is very important for taking the competition. Do jogging, cycling. Go for a walk. Better all alone. Chat with yourself and positive thinking encouraging people. Do not discourage yourself. Think like a BLACK BELT HOLDER. Discouragers achieve nothing in life but criticize everyone and everything. Positive energy is depleted by listening to them. Take light food. Wear loose clothes. Drink plenty of water, honey and lemon. Balance your diet. Eat fruit, nuts and light food.
5. Sit calm and quite. Close your eyes. Oxygenate yourself by fast breathing and deep breathing. CAT is a test of mental speed. This exercise energizes mind and increases action. Learn to chew and digest the biting words of others. They have their own priorities not CAT. People first look scornfully, then ignore, then quarrel and fight, then you win says: Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi. In life we have two options: Either accept or change. Learn to accept criticism. It will generate energy for accomplishing your dreams. Cycling or walking against the wind is very difficult. Be copycat but add some more from your side.
6. Read thoroughly these 3 books:
6.1 one good book on GMAT
6.2 Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis for Verbal Ability
6.3 One year book from good publication house for GK.
Thoroughly means starting from 1st page and reading till the last page. No skipping. This alone will improve your performance by 50% to 100% in the test.
7. Don't compare yourself with others. Don't tell others about your efforts. When the results will come, all will know. Just concentrate on your studies. Help yourself. Believe in the POWER OF NOW and don't procrastinate. Be the master of your time and destiny. You daily routine is the key to your success.
8. You may also get more guidance from http://sure-tech2.blogspot.com
9. 20 minutes reading, 20 minutes writing or self-reflection what you have read and 20 minutes writing. Plan your studies in writing and follow daily routine. Match your hourly and daily achievement against the planned achievement. Try your best to beat your own records. Use voiceless music and technology to increase your mental speed.
Check if you are improving. If not, be more intelligent.
We make you WINNER