Labels

Saturday, June 28, 2014

IT DIDN'T START WITH ME

It didn't start with me.
It happened long ago.
Why couldn't we see?
We just never let it go.

We can't go on
clinging to our past.
It's all over now.
It didn't last.

Give me one more chance
to make things right.
A lesson learned
prevents another fight.

It didn't start with me.
But I guess I took it on.
I couldn't free
the demons that held strong.

We can't go on
clinging to our past.
It's all over now.
It didn't last.
Give me one more chance
to make things right.
A lesson learned
prevents another fight.

It didn't start with me.
But I share the same shame.
We both agree
neither one of us is to blame.

We can't go on
clinging to our past.
It's all over now.
It didn't last.
Give me one more chance
to make things right.
A lesson learned
prevents another fight.


                  by Sandra Wyllie

 

No comments: