Labels

Friday, August 29, 2014

YES I'M ALIVE.



This shall be first poem on book #2 (which I have already started). The idea for this poem and the first line is credited to Dr. James Barbaria

I'm on a wire without a net,
Risking my own neck.
Nothing here is a sure bet.
But I'm standing tall!
Any moment I could fall.

I'm alive! I'm alive!
I'm soaring.
I'm alive! I'm alive!
Who said life is boring?

I may be shaking in my shoes
But there's nothing I can't do.
I'm more than flesh and bone.
I'm spirit too!

I'm alive! I'm alive!
I'm soaring.
I'm alive! I'm alive!
Who said life is boring?

I may bend but I won't break.
Fists are clenched; chest is tight.
I'm gonna try
with all my might
Because....

I'm alive! I'm alive!
I'm soaring.
I'm alive! I'm alive!
Who said life is boring?
 
Nothing here
can hold me down.
My spirits high
UP off the ground.

I'm alive! I'm alive!
I'm soaring.
I'm alive! I'm alive!
Who said life is boring?



 By Sandy Wyllie

No comments: