Labels

Monday, July 19, 2010

MAMA'S GIFT

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered. Some years later, they chatted having enjoyed dinner together. They discussed gifts to their elderly mother, who lived far away in another city.

The first said, " I had built a big house for Mama."


The second said, " I had hundred thousand dollar theater in the house for Mama."


The third one said, " I had a Mercedes dealer to deliver LS600 for Mama."

The fourth said, " You know how Mama loved reading holy Bible (you may read religious book of your own religion) and you know she can't read now as she can't see being old. I met the preacher who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took twenty preachers 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribue $100, 000 a year for twenty years to the
church, but it was worth it. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed. After the holidays Mom sent out her Thank You notes.


She wrote, " Milton, the house you build is so huge I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

" Marvin, I am too old to travel, I stay home, I have my groceries delivered, so never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"Michael, you game me an expensive theater with Dolby Sound, it could hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you."

Luv Ya
Mama
Moral: Gifts should be need based.
This is an email sent by Upasna Malik of Fun & Frolic @ yahoogroups.com

7 comments:

宮惠如宮惠如 said...

要求適合自己的愛情方式,是會得到更多,還是會錯過一個真正愛你的人。.................................................................

Prof Keshap said...

Gong Gong Hui Hui as if has left a new comment on your post "MAMA'S GIFT":

Asked for their love way, it will get more, or will miss a real love you.

Thank you (Mr./Ms.) Gong Gong Hui for your comment to my posting. Kindly teach me the basics of Chinese- a great language. It will bring me closure to my Chinese brothers and sisters. You may use my email for this purpose. Prof Keshap

蔡靜芳蔡靜芳 said...

人生最重要的一件事,就是從生活中認識你自己。............................................................

許惠吟許惠吟 said...

要友誼長存,我們必須原諒彼此的小缺點。......................................................

Prof Keshap said...

To friendship forever, we must forgive each other's little failings. It is a nice translation from Chinese to English. I feel elated when message of comment is sent to my email. My dear brothers and sisters in China, kindly keep on expresing your valuable wealth of Chinese wisdom through my postings. Thanks a lot. Prof Keshap

劉隆季劉隆季 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果..................................................

Prof Keshap said...

Season Long Season Long Liu Liu said ...
Happy, to enjoy the results of the work process .......................................... ........

Thank you for the comment.Kindly publish your photograph also. It will let me know who is the commenter a sister or brother inn China/Hongkong or other country. Write your country also.
Prof Keshap