Labels

Sunday, September 27, 2009

THANKS GOOGLE









GOOGLE SAVED ME FROM THE TRAP

Dear Friends,

Recently, I received an invitation, an original excerpt of which is given below:








"We are GYO( GLOBAL YOUTH ORGANIZATION FOR HUMAN RIGHT) California, USA. We are inviting you to a Global Combined Conference taking place from 17th to 20th November 2009 in Anaheim Convention center California, USA and from 24th to 27th November 2009 in Olympic Stadium Hall Dakar Senegal, west-Africa.


Organizing Committee will provide round Trip Air tickets and accommodation for the period of participants Stay in The United States, to all registered participants.




Delegates will only be responsible for their own hotel booking in Africa were the second phase of the events will be held. If you are a holder of an international passport that may require visa to enter the United States/Dakar Senegal you may inform the conference secretariat at the time of registration, as the organizing committee is responsible for all visa arrangements."









In reply to this invitation, taking it genuine, I gave the sender my consent to attend the event and enquired that how will they reimburse my and my group’s expenses incurred for attending the events. The emails sent by me were not delivered to the addressee. It caused a sense of suspicion in my mind. I searched for Global Youth Organization sites. But I was surprised to read that the emails were a trap. They were fake. The sender asks the attendee to pay a hefty sum of money for booking the hotel in Africa and do not respond. I am thankful to Google for this help.

No comments: