- Daily routine is the key to success in any exam or competition. Planning is very important. Execution of the planning makes the job of preparation easier. No body can work in two day's. Today is called "present". "Present" means gift from the creator called God.
- Self-loading planning with following format helps a lot:
Delay in achieving the goal if any and new finish time
Exercise done/not done
- Be present mentally and physically for study. Be honest. Dishonesty in study does not pay. Don’t cheat yourself. Sincerity pays. Be sincere. Don’t read to explain to others but for yourself. The best gift to yourself is “education.” Be responsible to yourself not to reply to the comments of others: be it parents, elders, neighbours, friends or known people. You are talented. Believe it.
- Don’t study for marks alone. Work hard, read sincerely and marks will follow. Comparison is hell. Never compare. Dr. Manmohan Singhji, the former Prime Minister of India says: Education is what is left after the student has long left the school/college/university. My view: education works after 50+ of the age. So, educate yourself. Believe in learning. True leaders are insatiable readers and learners.
- Don’t compete or compare yourself with others but with your previous performance.
- How to read:
- Prepare with the end benefits of the education in your life. FAIL = FIRST ATTEMPT IN LEARNING. Don’t discourage yourself. Many students overdo and do not like to face the failure. Failed means you are in the race. If you will prepare well, there is no question of failure. Guaranteed. Preparation is 99=exam 100 Result= Fail. Preparation 101 = Exam 100 Result = Pass. Preparation is in your hand. Books are static. You are dynamic. You can increase your efforts.
- Love to read at your best. Don’t let your mood be the boss of your reading habits. Be the boss of your mood. In preparation is only you and your books. MIND IT: Mind is a good servant but very bad master. Be its master. Don't let it push you to work as it desires but make it work for you. If the horses of the chariot keep pushing the chariot as per their, the chariot will break.
- Parents role is not limited upto paying fees and financing the child’s study.
- They should go beyond that.
- Don’t compare your child with others. Generally parents say: Geetu got 96% Raman got 98% and what about you? This taunt by parents hits and hurts the child’s psyche most.
- Mind it: Parents need children and children need parents. Don’t compare and make them hate you internally. Rather say: I believe you and trust you will do the best. Exam is a part of life not end of life. So, do your best and leave the rest to God.
- Do not give unnecessary advice. This disturbs the child.
- Especially for moms: Ask the child what the child wants to eat. Don’t cook what you want to cook but cook what is liked by the child. Whatever the child likes gives more mental energy.
- Honey, fruits, nuts, milk are good for memory and mind sharpening. Include them in the diet. Follow your child and treat the child like King during this period. Leave criticism for another occasion.
- Be mentally prepared saying to yourself i.e. self-talk (silently) I am braver than my exam. I can work hard and success will be hard. Don’t let study be your master but you be the master of your study.
- Don’t stress yourself but keep the stress under your control.
- Mind it : LUCK FAVOURS THE BRAVE. You are brave.
- Divide the study of one hour in 4 parts:
- 15 minutes closing eyes storm the brain to understand what you have read.
- Mind Maps can be used for study and correlation of different topics read in the chapter. Read the whole book. It will make the learning easy. Don’t understand but read like a novel. Always read with pencil in hand. Keep on underling the difficult points. But do not stop reading. Continue reading. You will see that only 10-20% you do not know, rest is known to you. Focus on what you know well.
- REVISION IS THE FATHER OF SUCCESS.
- Drink water many times. Water rejuvenates learning power.
- FEAR CARRIES 2 MEANINGS: Fear = fear everything and run. Fear= Face everything and rise. So, don't fear but prepare and you will be successful beyond your expectations and excel others" expectations.