Labels

Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016
TIME ONCE PASSED CANNOT BE RECALLED. TRUE! BUT THE GONE TIME TEACHES MANY LESSONS AND ENABLES US TO BUILD NEW HOPES ON THE BASIS OF OUR LEARNINGS WE RESOLVE TO IMPROVE AND MAKE OUR ,OUR DEARS LIVES, OUR SOCIETY AND WORLD BETTER.
New year celebrations throughout the world bring hopes to ALL.
New year, new resolution.
This year my resolution is " I will listen more and reduce my talking by half."
I have observed that when I listen, I learn new things but when I speak, I repeat what I know from my education, my experience, my experiments.
All others too have done so. Why not benefit from their learning? 
I realised the benefit of listening from others from an incident that happened in my life. 
I met an M.C.A (Master of Computer Application) person. She narrated and taught me  in 10-15 minutes conversation what I could not learn in 15 years BY juggling through books. 
This incident changed my view and I resolved: Now onwards I will speak less and listen and learn more from others.
Just 10 hours back was the entry of TIME into NEW YEAR 2016. 
The children of my neighbourhood having age range 3-14 years had arranged a dance party. 
I was invited as chief guest. Their parents around 250 two had gathered in the park in front of our houses. 
At 8 pm  of 31st December, 2015  the dance party started.  All had brought chairs from their homes. Elders were seated on the raised concrete built in the park. Light and sound system and self-made LCD using flex on wooden planks was done excellently well by the young children. 
Throughout the dance party, coffee and eatables were served without break. All the people - elders, children, young, old, ladies and gents enjoyed the programme of the children. 
Dance by a child of 3 really mesmerised ALL. Even now after 10 hours the song upon which she danced is stilling ringing in my ears. Whenever, we talk about that song and her presence of mind, we cannot control laughing and wonder how such a little child would have crammed the song and learnt to dance. Her steps and lip singing of the song was really beyond comprehension. 
For 4 hours we were entertained and the cost was not more than Rs. 4000/- (Quite below US$ 100) for 250 people.  I was thinking, if a couple would have celebrated NEW Year in a hotel or any other hill station, it would have cost far more than Rs. 4000/- but here in the comfort zone of our homes, we have enjoyed the best. 
At the end of the programmer, I was invited to distribute the medals to the performers. I invited 5-6 other elders of the area who were sitting there.  We all honoured the performers with the medals.  Children were happy. I was thinking who knows that from these children after a period of say 30, 40 years can be an IAS, IPS, IRS, Minister, Chief Minister or President of India or any other country.  Nobody can predict the future of the child. But this kind of foundation will definitely make a child confidence. Confidence creates reality beyond predications. 
At 12 + New Year celebration was over and elders left the place. Now was the turn of the mothers of the children. 
I saw it from the lobby of my house. I was wondering that even the seemingly less talking and generally known introvert ladies were dancing with full vigour and the full of their heart.
They were laughing, dancing, pushing, cuddling and cajoling each other.
And that too in a public place.
I had never seen those young ladies earlier laughing and dancing to that pitch. I thought, everybody has a talent, only opportunity is to be made available.


HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2016.

No comments: