SBS MEMORIAL PUBLIC SCHOOL,
KATORA DISTT. FIROZEPORE Punjab (India)
As the school was to re-open on 1st July after summer vacation, the school management represented by one of my old colleague and friend Mr. Rakesh Arora, invited me to be the Chief Speaker and Mentor for the 2 day workshop on Participatory Teaching.
About 35 teachers having qualification of
1. ETT (Elementary Teacher Training)
3. B.A, B.Ed
4. M.A, B.Ed
5. M.A, M.Ed
6. M.A, B. Ed with Dip. in Counseling
in general participated. The workshop was divided into two parts:
1. Philosophical Teaching - that is sharing general awareness about the subject and its background.
2. Specific Teaching: that is focusing upon the teaching skills and presenting and delivering in such a way as may bring out the best out of the student/learner.
The school is having 100% results, director said. "We do not approve of any unfair means and for this we are famous in the area. Poor performer do not join our school. Even the parents who believe that their children will be helped in their wrong deed do not dare to get their wards admitted in our school.
We have about 1200 students at present from LKG to 10th class."
I know the stuff of the director. Because he and his family is in my touch for the past about 20 years.
The session started with
- Hey Malik Tere Bande Hum , neki par chalen aur badi se talen taki hanste huye nikle dum
( O God, we are your children. Empower us to follow the right path to lead a life of righteousness and avoid the wrong path so that we may breathe last easily and happily to reach in your lap."
- Thereafter, introductions- mine through video and teachers in person.
- Deliberations on various qualities of good teacher and how they should behave in class and outside class.
- Teacher is VIP -
- Teaching is a most satisfying profession in the world as we touch human lives, have the opportunity to lead a life among lively environments like: games, contests, singing, playing etc. No other profession in the world offers these kind of co-curricular rather co-profession activities.
2nd day was Teaching Specific:
Teachers were given lecture on:
- Self conduct- inside the class and outside the class in society.
- Subject specific expertise
- Punctuality and its importance.
- Education and its meaning
- Total personality development of the child.
We all had tea and lunch together. That session was like networking in business meets.